Feedback is known to be important for learning. It is generally agreed that giving effective feedback is an essential teaching skill for all teachers. However, teachers tend to evaluate than provide feedback. Here is a very informative video from You Tube which details how feedback compares with evaluation.
Welcome to my blog. This is a blog of what I am learning about teaching and learning.
I am a passionate learner and educator. I enjoy learning - that includes learning to teach and learning to learn. I enjoy trying to understand how we learn. So in my search to understand more on this topic of learning and teaching, I realized that there are so many things to take note of. I thought that penning these thoughts in a blog would be useful for me and others.
Do let me know what you think/feel so that I can learn from you :-). Thanks!
- How to Build Learning Community in Blended, Online, and Face- to-Face Classes?
- Flipping the syllabus can be an answer…
- Flipping the classroom
- Issues in teaching large classes
- Faculty Learning Day at UniSIM
- Using itools in your classroom – voicethread
- Providing Feedback to Students on Formative Assessments
- The Poison in One Line Comments/Feedback
- Feedback and Evaluation: Are they the same?
- Is Memorizing Bad ?
- Questioning Skills to Engage Students
- Seven Principles of Good Practices in Teaching and Learning
- Designing problems for problem based learning- this was published in Faculty Focus
- Teacher-centered teaching versus Student-centered teaching
- How can we engage passive students?
- Teaching adult learners